The Annual Awards are designed to recognise gymnasts, clubs and/or individuals for their outstanding contributions, achievements and dedication to one or more of the seven Gymsports.
*** nominations have been extended until 9:00am, Monday the 19th of March, 2018 ***
Nominees must be members of Gymnastics SA at some level (ie. participant, technical or club)
(Nominated and Awarded by the Gymsport Management Committee)
- Men’s Artistic Gymnast (Elite & Levels)
- Women’s Artistic Gymnast (Elite & Levels)
- Rhythmic Gymnast (Elite & Levels)
- Aerobic Gymnast (Elite & Levels)
- Trampoline Gymnast (Elite & Age … Male & Female)
- Gymnastics for All Active Participation Award
Awards will be presented for each of the following categories on an annual basis. Please note that individuals may be nominated in more than one category.
- Club of the Year
- Judge of the Year – MAG, WAG, RG, AER, TRP
- Volunteer of the Year – MAG, WAG, RG, GfA, KG, ACR, AER, TRP
- Coach of the Year – MAG, WAG, RG, GfA, KG, ACR, AER, TRP
How to Apply
- Complete the online Nomination Form below.
- Provide responses addressing the selection criteria for the nominated award category
As many of the following points as possible should be addressed in your submission.
Coach of the Year – from each Gymsport
An Award will be presented to a Coach from each Gymsport.
- Attitude and dedication
- Contribution to gymnastics – club and State level (if applicable)
- Level of Accreditation – minimum level of accreditation: Intermediate
- Coaching Achievements – club and State level (if applicable) during 2017
- Leadership – mentor qualities
To nominate someone for Coach of the Year, please use the following online nomination form.
Judge of the Year – from each competitive Gymsport
An Award will be presented to a Judge from each competitive Gymsport.
- Regularity / continuity of involvement
- Number of events judged during 2017
- Events judged – Club and State (national / international if applicable)
- Attitude and dedication
- Presented at workshops, courses, etc
- Assisting club coaches / programs
- Leadership - mentored junior judges
To nominate someone for Judge of the Year, please use the following online nomination form.
Volunteer of the Year – from each Gymsport
An Award will be presented to a Volunteer from each Gymsport.
The Volunteer of the Year Award will be awarded to an individual who has made a significant contribution to their Gymsport through their involvement as a volunteer during 2017.
They could be a parent, club manager, administrator, competition/event assistant, gymnast, coach, leader or judge.
The nominee may be earning an income within gymnastics but cannot be earning an income for the principle activity for which they are being nominated as a volunteer.
To nominate someone for Volunteer of the Year, please use the following online nomination form.
Club of the Year – all Gymsport Clubs
An Award will be presented to the GSA Club of the Year. The Club of the Year Award will be awarded to the club that can demonstrate best practices and improvement in the following areas:
- Administration – Strategic Plan
- Staffing – recruiting, training and retaining Coaches, Judges and Committee members
- Community participation and engagement
- Demonstration of sound business practice
- Increase/maintenance of participation numbers
- Safety practices
- Facility standards
To nominate a club for Club of the Year, please use the following online nomination form.