Benefits for Clubs:
1. The ability to utilise space in off-peak periods to create extra revenue and employment for coaches.
2. Can help create a more community based, social culture within the club.
3. Provide a less intimidating space for older people to exercise, compared to a weights/fitness gym.
4. Once a regular class is stable, attendees will be committed to session, for a long time.
5. Older adults are a great resource – they have vast experience and skills that can assist with events, coaching, judging and administration.
6. Fitter for Life has shown a great parallel with Kinder Gym programs and has proven to be easy for its coaches to pick up and understand. This therefore provides opportunities to increase hours/income, all in the first half of the day.
7. New faces can add vitality and vigour and provide enthusiastic and inspirational role models for younger members.
Current training for coaches:
Coaches who hold an intermediate or higher-level Gymnastics Australia coaching accreditation and are a current technical member are eligible to attend a Fitter for Life Workshop and then start coaching.
The next Fitter for Life Coach Workshop is:
Sunday, 2 May 2021
Gym West (Henley & Grange Youth Club Inc), Gate 3, Harvey Street HENLEY BEACH SA 5022
The Fitter for Life Workshops goes for 3.5 hours.
$40.00 per workshop
Presenter: Jo Davidson
Date & Time: Sunday, 2 May 2021 from 11.30 AM - 3.30 PM (with a 30 min lunch break, candidates to bring their own lunch)