YMCA Seaford Gymnastics
ABOUT THE Y
YMCA is a community not-for-profit like no other.
The Y creates opportunities for people and communities to connect with a better life. We work to provide a range of programs and services that aim to strengthen people, families and communities. We deliver programs and services across the state in settings including community recreation centres, swimming pools, health and fitness facilities, camps, early education and schools and youth services.
Our presence and partnerships have allowed us to deliver positive change for over 165 years.
The Y is seeking Gymnastics Coaches to deliver excellent gym sports programs at the Glengowrie Gymnastics Centre. Gymnastics Coaches, reporting to the Head Coach, will:
- Deliver a variety of Gym Sports programs with professionalism and care for participants
- Interact with children positively and assist in the development of technique and skills
- Be responsible for the safety of participants and equipment during programs
- Provide excellent customer service to children and parent
COMMITMENT TO SAFEGUARDING CHILDREN
YMCA, including our Boards of Directors, is committed to the safety and wellbeing of children and young people in accordance with our Safeguarding Children and Young People framework.
YMCA requires that all applicants undergo satisfactory screening prior to commencement, including but not limited to:
- a national criminal history check;
- an international criminal history check where applicants have worked overseas;
- holding or obtaining a DHS Working With Children Check or equivalent in accordance with state or territory laws, if directed by YMCA South Australia; and
- two reference checks.
Any successfully appointed applicant will be required to adhere to the Safeguarding Children and Young People framework, which includes a thorough safeguarding children and young people induction and committing to upholding the safety and wellbeing of children and young people throughout their engagement with YMCA.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
Successful candidates will also have the following qualifications, or be willing to obtain:
- Certification & technical membership with Gymnastics South Australia (or equivalent)
- HLTAID003 Provide First Aid
- HLTAID001 Provide CPR certificate
- Certificate of Completion for Responding to Abuse and Neglect (RAN) training
Candidates with the following skills will be highly regarded:
- Previous experiencing delivering and coaching Gym Sports programs, especially:
- Men's Artistic Gymnastics
- Gymnastics for All
To view the position descriptions for this role, please visit our website at https://www.sa.ymca.org.au/get-involved/careers/current-vacancies
- The opportunity to join a leading provider of recreation, community, and children’s services.
- Free access to YMCA South Australia’s recreation facilities.
- A culture of empowerment and growth with ongoing opportunities for career development.
- A supportive team of passionate and professional individuals.
LIKE TO KNOW MORE?
For a confidential discussion about this opportunity, please contact Elizabeth Krznaric - Program Coordinator on 0455 050 660.
HOW TO APPLY
Does this sound like you? Please submit your resume and cover letter via Seek. You must address the key selection criteria in your application.
Applications close 4pm Wednesday 30th December 2020
Please note, only shortlisted applicants will be notified.
The YMCA of South Australia is committed to the safeguarding of children and young people' and all applicants will be obliged to comply with all safeguarding policy and practice standards.