Gymnastics SA Youth Advisory Panel (YAP)
The role of the Youth Advisory Panel is to ensure that the youth within the South Australian gymnastics’ community have a voice that is heard and respected, and to assist the Gymnastics South Australia by helping to inform the planning, review and delivery of gymnastics in our state.
The representatives will act as ambassadors within the community, contributing to Gymnastics South Australia’s overall mission to promote the sport and update the youth from an informed position.
Who can be a part of the Youth Advisory Panel (YAP)?
- We are looking for 13–18-year old’s, of any GymSport, in any affiliated club to get involved.
- You are passionate about gymnastics and would like to share your opinions and views.
- You respect your peers and value other people’s opinions and contributions
- We encourage all young people from culturally diverse backgrounds, Indigenous Australians, those with a disability and those who represent as being part of the LGBTIQ+ community
- There is no cost to be involved.
What do you do on the Gymnastics SA YAP?
- You meet at regular intervals throughout the year via zoom or in person (minimum of 4 times).
- You discuss ways in which our sport can support, empower, and cater for young people.
- Gymnastics SA listens to the YAP to identify and discuss relevant issues, challenges, and opportunities.
- You consult and talk to your peers and get their opinions and views.
- Participants will also receive a Gymnastics SA Hoodie and official merch to designate the important role they will play in being a part of the future of our sport.
How to join the Gymnastics SA YAP
If the above sounds good to you, don’t delay and express your interest here.
Applications extended to Friday 12 November, 5:00pm.
Have your Affiliated Club endorse you by getting your Head Coach, President or Manager to complete this form.
To read the detailed Terms of Reference document please see below.