What is TeamGym?
TeamGym is a program for Teams of 6-12 team members and comprises ofthree apparatus, a Floor routine with synchronous gymnastics dance moves and gymnastics elements, Single Mini-Trampoline and Tumbling – all performed to music. Single Mini-Trampoline and Tumbling are performed in “a stream” where one competitor comes after another. TeamGym is an exciting and audience friendly competition. TeamGym is growing in Australia, with strong teams of teenagers and young adults pitting their skills and teamwork against other teams. The Australian TeamGym program has been developed for teams of gymnasts, with performances on 3 different apparatus.
Teams perform on the following apparatus:
- Vaulting / Mini trampoline
The program is split into following divisions:
- Novice: Entry Foundation Skills Level
- Intermediate: Entry Extension Skills Level
- Advanced: Medium – High Skill Level, Introduction of Team Rounds
- Open: Introduction to European TeamGym
- International: Modified European TeamGym
The benefits of running a TeamGym program
TeamGym provides additional participation opportunities through a flexible, exciting and socially competitive environment. It provides a relaxed and casual team activity that is fun, social and caters to a mix of ages and genders. TeamGym requires minimal equipment and has a broad appeal to engage audiences, it provides an opportunity to retain gymnasts as it maintains a connection with traditional Gymsports.
- Flexible program - Appeals to a diverse range of participants (ages, skill levels and abilities etc
- Incorporates skills from other GymSports - Easy to integrate within current programs
- Entry level program - Allows new gymnasts to start with peers of same age regardless of ability
- Proven product in international markets - The long-term outcomes of TeamGym are exceptional
- Support and workshops - Training and support is available as required,
Program will be easily marketed with promotional resources,
Club manual provides easy implementation of the program including example training sessions, competitions and displays
- A fun addition to current programs - Creates opportunities for clubs to engage with new audiences
- Showcase your club - Creates opportunities to showcase gymnastics in the form of displays